Before the internet, threats to #smallbusinesses were different. Today, it’s the criminals you can’t see that you have to worry about. Thanks to cybercriminals, 60% of companies they steal from go out of business within six months. Coupled with the outlook that 15% of small businesses doubt their ability to survive a recession, a #cyberattack is a double threat waiting to happen.
As a small business owner, #cybersecurity isn’t a choice; it’s a necessity.
To protect your small business, these cybersecurity practices should be part of the new normal:
1. Train your employees on basic cybersecurity best practices and how to recognize threats.
2. Store valuable assets off the grid and make your devices and social media platforms hacker-proof.
3. Install and regularly update both anti-virus and anti-malware software.
4. Make sure all software and operating systems are up to date.
5. Use a virtual private network (VPN) to hide your IP address.
Crime is evolving, and business owners must adapt to the risks they face. Premier IT understands the fact that crime isn’t what it used to be. We can help you safeguard your assets with IT solutions on-site and off-site. We welcome your call at 763.453.6800.